um...I'm a boy. Am I allowed here? Does it make a difference if I have bad grammer and can't spell? sometimes ya'll can be intimidating but I'm jumping in anyway.
Marie and I have really tried to embrace this lifestyle over the last month and it has been great. I'm still trying to figure out how to get enough food to keep me going through the day (I accidentally just ate about a pound of snap peas that were supposed to last me a couple of days - I ate them in less than 30 minutes. Seriously.)
So questions for you smart people - What do you do when you are on the road? How do you plan for it - what types of places do you eat? Are there things you often take with you? Things you buy along the way that work for you? let us know.
Also - Sometimes you just need something fast for dinner. You know, the days you are late coming home from the park and you have a church meeting your are late for but if you don't help get your kids in bed your wife might be crying when you get home and the art project from this morning has dried to the table and you can't get it off and so you really want avoid that room and you haven't been to the store for awhile and there is nothing in the cupboard but Ramen but you ate so much of that in college that it gives you a stomach ache because your body rejects it immediately and if you don't eat soon you may start using inappropriate words around your children and you just really need food now. You know those days?
Any simple things you have all come across that you can throw together in a pinch?
PS - I can no longer live without our blender. We got the Blendtec (http://www.willitblend.com/) over the vita mix because it can not only make good smoothies it can blend up a lava lamp if you need it too. This morning's concoction was 2 oranges, 1 kiwi, 1 banana, 1 cup soy milk, a few pieces of pineapple, a big handful of parsley, and an inch of ginger. yummy.
Friday, February 6, 2009
I have questions....
Posted by jim at 1:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you guys are seriously IMPRESSIVE!!! however, on days like you just described i still recommend a bacon cheeseburger, fries, and fry sauce. good luck. be sure to call me on those days. i'm always in.
PS yours doesn't do guitar? i swear i've seen one do a guitar before.
(this is jim - not marie but I don't feel like signing in again)
We really are not that impressive. somehow the stars have aligned for us and we have just really felt like we should make this move. Previously we were on the eat as many oreos per day as you can plan. For Marie that is not too big a deal. She has restraint. For me that has let to a lot of unwanted weight. Trying to follow this lifestyle has so far lead to loosing about a pound a week for me. That suddenly has made me feel more motivated.
oh also - yeah - it probably will do a guitar. and an iphone, and a can of pork and beans, and pretty much anything else. I'm trying to figure out how to use it to mow my lawn.
Kirst - sorry I didn't call but within 3 hours of your comment I ate a double cheese burger on the road. Thanks for the tip. It worked great.
Post a Comment