CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

this is just the beginning...

HELLO CURTIS COUSINS!

I'm starting a blog for all of us to use (I hope) and share our ideas and recipes and tips for implementing the things we learned from Aunt Robyn last week. I admit, this is a little selfish on my part. I know some of you are better at this and have been working at it longer than I have, and I want to know what you know!

This past week as I've been thinking over Aunt Robyn's wonderful presentation, I realized that if I couldn't come up with enough recipes and good things to eat, I couldn't sustain this less-meat, less-dairy approach to eating. So the math is pretty simple. If I find a couple of good recipes, and a few of you are willing to share a couple of good recipes, then I've already multiplied my chances of success. We have such a great resource right here among ourselves in the fabulous Curtis family, and I think we can benefit from pulling together, as our family motto suggests: In Unity There Is Strength - strength not only in terms of love and support, but strength from increased physical and spiritual health through shared knowledge and healthier lifestyles.

My thought for this blog is that we could all be authors and post great recipes/ideas/tips/successes/struggles as we come across them. It would be great for every one of us to be an administrator on this site - I don't want this blog to be mine. I'd love for it to be ours - the Curtis Cousins!

Here's how this works: to participate, you'll need a google account. So many of us already have blogs and google accounts, which makes this part even easier. If you don't have one, you can create one pretty easily (and attach it to your current email, even if you're on yahoo or msn or hotmail or whatever. YOU DO NOT NEED A GMAIL ADDRESS.) I can help you do this if this is confusing.

Next step: email me if you'd like to be an author (please please PLEASE), and I'll add you, then you just have to accept the invitation to be an author.

Next step: Post! Share the best recipe you've tried so far. Tell us what has been the hardest part of this for you. Let us in on your tips and discoveries.

I love my Curtis family and I'm hopeful that this will be a useful tool for each of us. And anyway, I am always looking for more ways to spend time with you - even if it's online! This is a total experiment, and if someone has a better idea of how this might work, let's make it happen! also, since all of us are equal owners here, feel free to change the look of the blog, come up with a better title, add any features (rockin tunes, pictures, links) and anything else you can think of. PLEASE. we all know that style is not one of my stronger points.

Love to you all! Hope to see you here soon!

3 comments:

Twisted Sister said...

Love this idea Marie. I'm so glad you put this together and will be emailing you soon.

The Lintons said...

Thanks Marie,
What a great idea!!! I'm always drumming everyone around me for recipe ideas...I'm excited to try the noodle recipe. :) I'd be happy to share some the recipes I've found as well!

Love you!!!
Jennie

jennie said...

I am excited Marie. Thanks for putting it all together. It will be great to get tried and tested recipie ideas.