I know this little blog is all but dead, but I made this recipe tonight to finish off some chard we picked up from our food co-op last weekend and I loved it so much, I needed at least the perception that I was sharing it with someone, even if no one reads it (besides my sisters, whom I will coerce both to read and to make immediately.)
I got this recipe from Dinner with Julie (original link to this recipe here) who has posted some incarnation of this several times, and it finally stuck with me enough to try it out. but the basic gist is this: rinse 1-2 cans of garbanzo beans. throw on a baking tray with a whole head of peeled garlic cloves (not chopped - just peeled and left whole), toss with olive oil and roast in the oven at 450* until golden. meanwhile, tear up a bunch of chard (except the tough center stalk), saute it in more delicious garlic (chopped this time - 6 cloves! yum) and olive oil for a few minutes until it starts to wilt, toss some liquid over it (I used chicken broth, about 1/2 cup), cover it and let it cook down. Mix all together, and eat it all up.
this recipe makes me glad I bought the giant container of garlic from costco, because I'm going to have to make this a LOT more often, and I'm going to need a lot of garlic to do it. seriously, it's delicious. try it! (oh, p.s. I only actually had half a bunch of chard because Jim put the other half in our smoothie this morning, so I supplemented with spinach and it was still delish.)
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
roasted chick peas with garlic and chard
Posted by Unknown at 6:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment